Tuesday, February 3, 2009

2009 LA MYTH Art Show "Super Popo"

This is my other 11x14 acrylic on canvas paintings for the 2009 LA MYTH Art Show (curated by Dee Chavez and Aaron Clark). The opening reception is Feb 7, 2009 at Meltdown Comics 7522 Sunset Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90046.


The theme of the show is LA myths:

Meet Super Popo! You know all those thousands of poos you find on the sidewalks of Los Angeles? Yeah, the ones we think are from dogs? They are actually gifts from Super Popo, an illegal alien luchador (Mexican masked wrestler) from outer space. Those poos are his kind-hearted gifts to Angelinos for shooting their guns and sending him bullets on Cinco de Mayo.

I love LA...

* Here's a link to the gallery in case you want to buy some of the art from the show.

9 comments:

Fulanita said...

So bright and colorful! Look at those happy little poopies!

PaulaBlanko said...

what a weird myth,great details,very colorful.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! But...am I supposed to punch you in the throat for painting and not writing?

Jorge R. Gutierrez said...

Bring it Kreamer! Just make sure I'm asleep when you do it.

SHANE PRIGMORE said...

That is the most beautiful poo I've ever seen.
I thaught I saw you at the Coraline panel. Thanks for coming man. I hope we didnt bore the popo out of you.
Keep kicking ass Jorge.

Jorge R. Gutierrez said...

Thanks Shane! Yeah, we went to your Coraline panel and I almost threw up from being drunk by the super beauty of what you guys did. Seriously, you have raised the bar. You are at the top of your game my friend. I can't wait to see what you do next!

We should have lunch soon so I can bore the poo out of you with even more praise!
jorge@mexopolis.com

Daniel Teran said...

jajaja thats a Great concept Jorge! i enjoy so much the colours and humor of your canvas.
Saludos desde Sonora, Mexico.
Daniel

Unknown said...

Fun illo!

Ivan Aguirre said...

I wish i could have made it to L.A myth on sunday. Love all the concepts for the myths you are doing.One thing I like about your work in general, is that you keep it mexican. Keep doing that man...